On November 1, 2017 Sgt Al Reed from the OPS high tech unit joined MGM, Dallas Mack and Louise Tansey for a fireside chat about cell phone records.
This session was part 1 of a 2 part series. No powerpoint was prepared for this session though some materials were reviewed. Below are some of the topics covered
Part A - cell phone content
1. Use UFED reader, not the PDF file
2. Watch your 6:00 in UTC-4)
3. Searching and presenting content in Timeline View
4. Searching and presenting in Conversation View
5. Uses of photograph metadata
6. Special considerations when the identity of the user is in dispute
7. When should you call expert evidence?